This is to say all the customers of Vodafone/ Idea/ Airtel/ BSNL/ Jio that they have to link their Mobile number to their Aadhaar Card. Do this now before the date lasts for the verification your Mobile Number to Aadhaar Card. Users can link their Mobile number to Aadhaar Number online and offline both. Here is the process of linking them. See the details in below section.
Link Mobile Number To Aadhaar Card
All the Mobile users! If you have not linked your mobile number to your Aadhaar card, then do it now. Because your number can be deactivated. As per Government, Aadhaar Card can be your single verification document for every field and it is preferable in verification of your Mobile number also. This is all happening only because of safety reasons. Vodafone has its million customers but it wants to be sure with the customer’s information they had given at the time of connection. Be a part of this safety process and help the government for doing such an anti-corruption work.
Verify Mobile No. to Aadhaar Card Process
India has 128 million connections on mobile in which all the networks are widely used by the people. This is a very important work to verify your Mobile no. and you should be a responsible citizen now. If you are a Vodafone user and if you want help in this verification process, then you can see the following procedure, what you need is your Aadhaar Card. You must verify the mobile no. before Feb 2018 otherwise, your number will be deactivated. Also, see FAQ about verify Your mobile No. from Aadhaar Number.
Vodafone/ Jio No. Link to Aadhaar Online
Yes! you can also link your Vodafone/ Jio or any No. to Aadhaar Card online. For online verification, there are some steps given below which should be followed. From this process, you can verify your Vodafone/ Jio No.or link mobile no. to Aadhar Card, as well as email id with the help of Aadhaar No., See the below steps-
- Go to UIDAI website which is Unique Identification Authority of India.
- On the first page, you will see ‘Verify Mobile Number/Email’ option.
- Now, you have to enter the required details like mobile no., Aadhaar No., and a security code.
- You will get an OTP at your registered phone no.
- Enter it and if the details match, the website will respond you saying ‘Congratulations! Your mobile number matches with our records’.
- Your verification is done.
BSNL Number Link to Aadhaar Card via SMS/IVR
Users of BSNL/ Idea/Airtel/ Vodafone or Reliance Jio can now link their Mobile Number to Aadhaar Card via SMS or IVR also. If you have done your mobile number verification, then you can do it by sending SMS or through IVR. UIDAI will give you a Number on which the message is to be sent. Here is the procedure you need to do for the verification through SMS-
- Send a message ‘Link <12 digit Aadhaar No.>’ to the UIDAI number from the Phone no. you want to link with Aadhaar Card.
- You will get a One Time Password or OTP after sending this message.
- Again you need to send this OTP to the same UIDAI number.
- After the verification, You will receive a message that your number has been verified and linked with the Aadhaar number.
Note: This SMS or IVR facility for verification of your number is not available now. But it will be here very soon. We will update this information whenever it is available. For the 1st time verification, you should go for the offline process which is given below.
Link Idea/Airtel No. with Aadhaar Offline
If you think that Offline verification is safer than Online verification or if it seems tough to do it online, then you have the second option also. You can do it offline easily with the help of retailers. Follow the below procedure to link your Idea/Airtel or any No. with Aadhaar Number-
- If you are linking your Idea/Airtel or any no. with Aadhaar for the first time, then it can’t be done online. So, you should first go to the retailer shop or nearest Aadhaar Store.
- Here, you will need Bio-metric verification for each of your numbers.
- Take a form for verification from the store.
- Fillup the form and submit it with a photocopy of Aadhar Card and one of your Identity Card like Voter Id Card, Pan Card etc.
- when this process is complete, your thumb impression and your biometrics will be verified at the enrollment section.
- After verifying all the biometrics, you will be given acknowledgment slip.
- After 4 to 5 days, your verification will be done.
Apply for Aadhaar Card
Aadhaar card is a single document which can be used anywhere on your identification as per government. If you do not have Aadhaar Card even now, you should surely apply for it now. To apply for Aadhaar Card, you should follow the process given below-
- Find any enrollment center for Aadhaar Card near you.
- Once you find it, you can now book an appointment online from UIDAI.
- This is not necessary to book an appointment but this will surely save your time than going without an appointment.
- Fill up the enrollment form, although, you can also fill it up online.
- Submit this form with all the necessary documents like identity proof and address proof.
- When these documents are submitted and accepted (which depends on its correction), your biometrics are there to be checked now.
- The biometric data includes your fingerprints and the iris.
- A photograph is also included in it which is taken by them.
- Take the acknowledgment slip from the center.
- This slip includes a 14 digit enrollment number which will help you to know the status of your application.
Note: The last date for the verification of your Mobile number is Feb 2018. So, verify your phone number before Feb 2018.